Top 8 Most Expensive Flowers in The World
Gold and silver – take a back seat, for the flowers are here to give you a stiff price competition! While you may think that cars and jewelry are the only things that cost a fortune, you might be surprised to know that some rare and exquisite flowers also make it to the list. Read on to know about 10 such flowers that will blow your mind away!
- Juliet Rose: As is clear from the name, it is a species of rose that was first displayed during the Chelsea Flower Show. It has a mesmerizing scent, along with a bloom that is simply a showcase for the eyes. A bouquet of these roses could cost you around $16 million.
- Shenzhen Nonke Orchid: While flowers depict nature’s beauty at its best, this flower stands out a little in this aspect. It is a flower that was developed by scientists; hence it has no actual natural habitat. To see this flower bloom you may have to wait for about 4 years – the time taken by the flower to bloom once. While the highest price this flower fetched ever was about $1.6 million, you can also get your hands at one for about $200,000.
- Gold of Kinabalu Orchid: The value of a single orchid of this flower is approximately $6000. This priced flower is only found in Malaysia at the Kinabalu National Park, hence the name of the flower.
- Saffron Corcus: Another one of artificially cultivated flowers, the saffron corcus does not have a natural habitat either. Nevertheless, you cannot tell of this fact by looking at the flower, as the petals exhibit brilliant purple color on the petals. Having one of the highest prices, you can get your hands on one of these flowers for $13000.
- Hydrangea: A bit on the lower side of the price war compared to other flowers, a hydrangea costs $7 per piece, meaning that a bouquet could set you back considerably. Resembling fluffy balls like cotton, these plants are delicate yet elegant.
- Lisianthus: This flower is available in a wide range of colors, with all of having the common features – vibrant colors and mesmerizing fragrance. However, these flowers tend to be very fragile, make them priced high at about $30 for a bunch.
- Kadupul Flower: These flowers are highly priced owing to the fact that they are quite rare. Having the distinction of growing on a cactus, these flowers only bloom when the sun sets. By the next morning, they are dead already. Picking up these flowers therefore becomes a tough task, thereby attracting a high price of about $40 for a bouquet of these flowers.
- Gloriosa: This is a unique flower hailing from South Africa and parts of Asia. The characteristic features of this flower are that you can recognize it by the long tendrils that have changing colors, from the center of the bloom right towards its tip. You can get them in a range of colors between red and yellow, and shades of a mixture of both. You can get a stem of this flower for about $10.
Now find the most affordable and fresh flowers, beautifully arranged by the best flower shop in Sherman Oaks California.